QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

Small Blessings, any Blessings Now

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor

I know that a lot has happened since the last time that I put my thoughts to you about the war in Israel and the battle for civilization in the West.

I guess for election season reasons, the political advocates for Israel including Senator Chuck Schumer and the President himself have called for elections in our democratic country of Israel to remove “Bibi” Netanyahu from power thinking that would change the direction of our war against the evil and barbaric Hamas. Almost 90% of Israelis, left, right, and center, want to proceed with the annihilation of Hamas, in Gaza, who has said that they would commit October 7th like attacks on Jews, in Israel and elsewhere, over and over - until we are all eradicated. We are a democracy, the only democracy in the middle east. We will deal with all of our politicians, military and intelligence heads, for their betrayal of the public’s trust, before October 7th, once the war, or at least these phases of the war are over. In spite of what the Israel experts in the New York Times, Washington Post, and all of the media channels say, Bibi’s party, that he heads, the Likud Party, was elected by the people of Israel.

Picture
4Z1UG 7KW Generator, converted to LPG, with neighborhood distribution panel. Includes GFI, KWhr meter, voltmeter, and circuit breakers for each plug.
Israel is accused of genocide in Gaza. The soldiers who are accused of this “war crime” are our sons, son-in-laws, fathers, uncles, and neighbor’s kids. Unlike our enemies, we did not raise our soldiers to be genocidal. Our boys are “working” in a hostile urban environment with an enemy, below ground, in over 500 kilometers of underground tunnels, and who view the “innocent Palestinians” above ground as their human shields. We all take it personally here in Israel, these accusations, especially when we pay a high price with now over 2000 dead and 7500 wounded, to warn the enemy with cell phone calls, leaflets dropped from airplanes, and loudspeakers of our military intentions before entering another Hamas enclave. Our boys go from building to building to clear them of weapons, found everywhere, and tunnel entrances, also found everywhere, instead of carpet bombing the Gaza strip from one end to the other. We go out of our way to protect a hostile and genocidal (witness Oct 7) population at great expense to ourselves. If Israel commits genocide - we are not very good at it by all counts.

If we are to believe the Hamas Ministry of Health, whose numbers don’t make statistical sense, then of the 30,000 dead, Israel admits to killing about 13,000 Hamas terrorists. Based on these numbers, then approximately 1.3 civilians are killed for every soldier. This number is described by John Spencer, Chair of Urban Warfare Studies at the Modern War Institute as the lowest civilian casualty rate in the history of warfare, where in most conflicts around the world the civilian casualty number is 4 to 9 times the number of combatants killed. Since 9/11, the United States killed over 462,000 civilians going after Saddam Hussein and ISIS.

Nobody seems to be asking why Gaza refugees are being blocked by Hamas, the United States, the EU, the UN, and Egypt from exiting the Gaza strip under the rules of war. In February 2022, 3.5 million Ukrainian refugees exited the Ukraine through Poland. Why can’t Gaza Arabs leave? The Egyptian side of the Sinai Peninsula is mostly empty. There are 22 Arab states around Israel with a landmass 64 times larger than Israel. They share the same language, religion, customs, cuisine, and hatred of Israel. Why are the Gaza refugees not taking refuge in those countries?

At the Passover Seder, coming soon to a Jewish home near you, we ask, “why is this night different from all other nights?”. I ask, why is this war different from all other wars? Why are Gaza Arabs not allowed to leave the conflict zone? Why is the United States and the West against our routing Hamas at the Egyptian border where Hamas has bypassed Israeli inspections and imported weapons and heavy machinery for years with Egyptian help. There are tunnels under the border large enough for semi-tractor trailers to pass into Gaza. Why keep 1.5 million Gaza refugees on top of Rafah while Hamas and our hostages remain below? Why does the West give Hamas this defensive cover?

Why is the USA and its allies not stopping the Iranian proxy, the Houthis, from pirating ships in the busiest shipping lane in the world through the Red Sea to the Suez Canal? This routing of shipping traffic has shuttered the Egyptian economy that depends on canal traffic and has terrible consequences for everyone who depends on this trade. Two-Hundred years ago the US Navy struck at the Barbary Pirates to keep the shipping lanes open. Why are these pirates different from all other pirates?

Why has the USA and its allies allowed an Iranian Navy ship used to provide tactical targeting information to the Houthis, to remain unmolested in the Red Sea as it directs missiles to targeted ships and Israel’s south? Why is this bad guy different from all other bad guys?

For the uninitiated outside of Israel, we are fighting a five front war that includes Hamas in Gaza, Hamas in Judea and Samaria (aka West Bank) that includes the Palestinian Authority, Hezbollah in the North of Israel where over 100,000 Israelis have abandoned their homes because of highly accurate Hezbollah tank shells provided by Iran, the Houthis the Yemen Iranian proxy that is shooting Iranian supplied rockets and cruise missiles at Israel’s most southern city of Eilat. Iran itself is number five, who just last Sunday launched an attack of over 300 drones, ballistic missiles, and cruise missiles at Israel, miraculously downed by the combined forces of Israel, USA, Britain, France, and Jordan.

I have been busy preparing for the potential conflict with Hezbollah in the North who has over 150,000 highly accurate ballistic missiles in over 3000 villages in Lebanon supplied by Iran. In a podcast interview with Col Miri Eisin hosted by former PM spokesperson, Eylon Levy, Eisin points out that Hezbollah missiles have a range from Northern Lebanon to the entire country of Israel and have a targeting accuracy of 40 meters to predefined targets. These targets include our critical power generation and distribution systems. My preparations include a 7000 watt generator, converted by me to natural gas, to not only keep my refrigerator cold, but to share my resources with my adjacent neighbors, who do not have reserve power. Of course that assumes that our neighborhood is not reduced to rubble or vaporized in an attack in the meantime. We pray for peace.

It is interesting to note that on the brink of Armageddon, my thoughts and the thoughts of my friends and neighbors is to act kindly and help each other through this “parsha” or chapter in our lives here. I feel frankly powerless, especially after last Saturday’s missile attack, to do anything more than be nice and helpful to everyone, as the sobering thought that it could all end sooner than later. This resignation helps me to keep working, make podcasts, and sleep at night. I am grateful for the small blessings, any blessings now.

73 - Eric 4Z1UG

Continue reading...

Back