QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

Our Neighbors Who Serve - Eric Guth 4Z1UG

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor
I just finished preparing Episode 477 of the QSO Today Podcast and the Sabbath comes in early. As an old guy holding down the home front, along with all of us who are doing the jobs of everyone serving or at least working to keep businesses alive, help mothers with kids whose husbands are "away", pick fruit, deliver food to soldiers stationed around us and on the fronts, I notice who is missing everywhere. The lack of cars on the road is unreal. People are missing from the bank, grocery store, our schools, and everywhere, over 300,000 young adults who were called up to active duty. I heard that another 300,000 from abroad returned as well. All of them away since October 8th. If they are lucky to have time off and take it, as I hear many will not leave their fellow soldiers, they come home for 24 hours, only to return right away to their posts.

Karen sent me a video going around on social media that speaks to my heart because it is so true for those of us who live here in Israel. It is a snapshot of what it feels like right now.

Continue reading...

Back