QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

Humor is our Weapon - Eric Guth 4Z1UG

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor
As Israel is always in the top 10 happiest countries on Earth from annual surveys, I wanted to reveal to you why this is so. We love our life even with high taxes, high cost of living, and everyone in the neighborhood wanting to murder us. We all share a bizarre sense of humor. Even during a time of war, we use humor to laugh at our situation and perhaps educate those outside of Israel, how we see things. Eretz Nederet is an SNL like popular TV show on Israeli television known for its satire. Nobody is immune from their mocking and ridicule. Lately they have created a number of skits in English, for a larger audience.

The first video below was released today to explain the real beneficiaries of Hamas fundraising.
The House Education Committee Hearing about antisemitism on college campuses was shocking and worth thousands of words. While I wrote more words, instead I wanted to share today's Eretz Nederet discovery that speaks volumes. I sincerely apologize for F-Bombs used in the videos. Please skip this video if you are sensitive to this word. When the F-bomb is translated on Israeli television captioning, it is translated as "azazell", Hebrew meaning scapegoat. Still this skit is spot on. As an almost lone Jewish activist on my college campus over 40 years ago, I saw the "investments" made to the University from the "Gulf" as a way to win hearts, minds, public opinion, and pocketbooks. These investments totalling hundreds of billions of dollars to the Ivy League plus California have made their mark.
Forensic reports of what the Hamas monsters did on October 7th to their female victims was more than shocking. But even more shocking was the silence from the international organizations that represent women's rights. I guess Jewish women's rights don't qualify for consideration.
It is well known here in Israel that the most antisemitic body in the World is the Iranian Regime. The second most antisemitic body in the world to the embarrassment of the United Kingdom is the BBC. FYI - Yahya Sinwar, (MHNBE) is the head of the Hamas political and military organization in Gaza, and is the primary target of Israeli troops in Gaza. He was convicted of orchestrating the murder of two Israeli soldiers and served 22 years of four life sentences in Israeli prison before being released in the 2011 prisoner exchange for Gilad Shalit.
For the most part, we have a hostile press that comes to Israel. "If it bleeds, it leads". You can't lose with a nasty story about Israel every night. Most of the time the foreign press hangs out at the American Colony Hotel in East Jerusalem, enjoys its excellent food and bar. It allows the comforts of home like a hot shower and clean room while still being in a "war zone". It is the best press assignment in the World, because it is just minutes from "Pallywood". Staged encounters between European NGO stooges, their Arab benefactors, and Israeli troops. If you have to file a nasty story about Israel every night, you can do it from the American Colony Hotel just after the 4:00 PM tea. You can also use a "green screen" and sound effects to make the report from your room, without ever leaving the hotel. In contrast, nary a press person on the Turkish/Syrian border with its half a million refugees in their muddy and cold tent cities for the last 8 years. This week Pakistan is expelling 1.3 million Afghans, enemies of the Taliban, for a warm homecoming back in Afghanistan. It will be interesting what "boots on the ground" will cover this human tragedy, and how many reports will be filed from luxury hotels somewhere in the Middle East.

Continue reading...

Back