QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

Writer'S Block

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor
Forgive me for not writing for the last few weeks. I post new episodes every week, even it I don't write here.

The truth is that I have writer's block that comes from Covid lock down depression. I am good a working all of the time, have a beautiful new office and am working on the "lab" for the rest of my projects. And while I make a joke that hams are the original social "distancers", I betray the fact that I really like to be with people in person. I am praying for a speedy end to the pandemic that that we and the ones that we love come out of it unscathed. I am looking forward to live everything, seeing peoples faces, reading their lips in a noisy place, and seeing a smile.

We are moving fast and furious on the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo, returning in March 2021. I spent September looking at technology that could be used to enhance the Expo to make it more user friendly, including video platforms for making casual contacts, like tuning through 20 meters in the evening. I have recommended some of my discoveries to other hams wanting to have virtual ham club meetings and smaller events. I am happy to share what I discovered.

I would like to have a few panel discussions at the Expo. If you have ideas for discussion topics, please reply to this message.

Since my last message I posted three episodes:
Bob Weed, W7SCY
Stan Johnson, W0SJ
and
Ralph Haller, N4RH

those episodes are up on the QSO Today website for your enjoyment.

I just posted Rick Miller, N1RM. While I was moving through his interview, he stopped me and asked if he should tell about his US Navy service. Of course, I said. It seems he was a Russian submarine hunter. I am glad he told this story as it was extraordinary.

Have a good week, stay safe, and 73, Eric 4Z1UG

Continue reading...

Back