What's Your Latest Project, Greg?

Discussion in 'AA8V - Greg Latta' started by 4Z1UG, May 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Eric, 4Z1UG

Greg,

What is your latest project on your bench?

2. glatta

glatta Greg, AA8V

controlsystemtest.jpg amplifier_block_06_06_2015.jpg View attachment 8 View attachment 9 View attachment 9 View attachment 8 My current project is a 2m 1kW LDMOS solid state amplifier for moonbounce. Power output is 1kW out with less than 3w input. The control circuits have been wired and tested and the amplifier block has been built. I've attached photos of the control system test and the amplifier block. There is still a lot to do!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Eric, 4Z1UG

Look ma, no high voltage for 1KW! What kind of heat sink will you use to keep it cool as you may be running JT-65?

4. glatta

glatta Greg, AA8V

This is a photo of the amplifier block/pallet mounted on the heat sink. This is only a temporary mounting, without any thermal compound between the amplifier pallet and the heat sink. Four small fans under the control of a temperature sensor wired to the control board will provide cooling. Heat sink dimensions are 10" wide, 6" deep, and 3" high. amplifierpalletandheatsink.jpg

5. glatta

glatta Greg, AA8V

I brought the amplifier cabinet home from my lab at the University. I'll see if I can post some preliminary photos soon.