QSO Today Community Forum

QSO Today Podcast and QSO Today Academy

Riley Hollingsworth K4ZDH

• Thread starter QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog
  • Start date
Q

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Blog

Visitor
Last week, Al Brogdon, W1AB, was episode 310. Al has contributed scores of articles to the ham radio magazines going back over 60 years. It was a fun QSO for me. Be sure not to miss it.

I somehow seem overwhelmed by the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo preparations. However, I have an amazing staff helping me with all of the details from exhibitor booths to on-boarding all of the speaker presentations to our expo platform. It is a huge job and it is getting done, piece by piece. So I can't wait for you to see it when it opens at 0100 hours Zulu on August 8th with Dr. Scott Wright, K0MD's Keynote Address. Scott is a big supporter of the QSO Today Podcast. I wanted Scott's keynote address to stand by itself, so it is going out Friday Evening, August 7th USA time.

The Exhibition Hall will be open at the same time for the next 48 hours. Most of the exhibitors will be in their booths beginning at 1500 Zulu on August 8th, or Saturday morning USA time.

Our speakers are busy this weekend uploading their presentations to us for some minor editing and on-boarding to the convention auditorium. They have been great and I am looking forward, like you, to view their presentations.

In the middle of all of this, I had the opportunity to have a QSO with Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH. Riley is a well known amateur radio speaker and spent his career working at the FCC. Riley worked there as the wireless industry started to boom and evolve the services like paging, cellular, PCS, and the modern services that we have today. He shares his ham radio story and what impact he had on the FCC during his tenure there.

The COVID-19 is spiking in Israel this Summer. The Summer heat has not made it go away, so stay safe out there.

73, Eric 4Z1UG

Continue reading...

Back